Scores for Everybody
Known for its ease of use, Guitar Pro allows you to
easily and intuitively enter notes by using keyboard keys, mouse clicks on a fretboard or
directly a MIDI instrument.
Guitar Pro can handle up to 256 tracks and supports 4- to 7-strings instruments as well as
percussions. It is even possible to enter non-guitar tracks.
A well-designed Interface
The numerous toolbars available allow you to quickly
access the most important features.
With multitrack/monotrack display, horizontal or vertical scrolling, the screen display
adjusts to your preferences and score types.
Tablatures and Standard Notation
Primarily designed for tablatures, Guitar Pro
allows you to switch to standard notation for viewing or editing scores.
The two notation systems are bound, and a note entered in one system is automatically
added in the other one.
The rhythmics are automatically calculated and displayed by Guitar Pro. You just have to
enter the note duration and let Guitar Pro do the work.
Symbols and Effects
Guitar Pro allows you to use numerous musical symbols in
your scores, and especially guitar-specific ones.
Dynamic, Grace note, Staccato, Fade In, Left and Right
Hand Fingering, Strocke, Pickstroke, Ghost Note, Accentuated Note, Dead note, Let Ring,
Harmonics, Tapping, Slapping, Hammer On / Pull Off, bend, Tremolo Bar, Slides, Vibrato,
Wide Vibrato, Trill, Tremolo Picking, Palm Mute, Text, Lyrics, Chords...
Professional Quality Paper Printings
Independant from the screen display, the paper printing
can be monotrack or multitrack. This way you can print several views of the same score,
perfect for a band.
|Guitar Pro 7 for
Windows® Windows 7 / Windows 10
Administrator rights for installation
Pentium 500 Mhz
128 MB RAM
Sound card - CD-ROM drive
|Guitar Pro 7 for MAC:
MacOS X 10.4 or higher
Administrator rights for installation
G3 700 Mhz
Sound card - CD-ROM drive
Guitar Pro General
- Tablature editor for 4, 5, 6 and 7 strings
- Possible edition and printing in standard notation
- Multitrack score (256 tracks for instruments and
- Drum notation
Guitar Pro Interface
- Full-screen entering
- Vertical or horizontal scrolling of the score
- Multitrack display
- Quick and intuitive interface (buttons, hints, shortcuts,
- 100% configurable display of the score (size, fonts,
- Automatic display of the rhythm and bar break/length
regarding note durations
- Proportional or non-proportional display of the rhythm
(selection of the coefficient)
Guitar Pro Editing
- Note duration management
- Various effects (bend, slide, vibrato, grace notes, ghost
notes, harmonics, etc.)
- Repeat open, repeat close and alternate endings
- Support for triplets (3 or 4 notes), quintuplets, etc.
- Time signature management
- Assistant window for percussion sounds
- MIDI Input
- Professional-quality printing of the score
- Multitrack printing of the tablature or tablature &
- 100% configurable printing of the score (size, fonts,
proportions, area, elements, etc.)
- Print preview
Guitar Pro Sound
- Playback of the score (via MIDI interface), with guitar
effects (bend, etc.)
- Tunings library with the possibility to tune each string
- Selection of the tempo
- Selection of the instrument, volume, pan, chorus and
reverb for each track
- 12 strings guitar simulation
- Triplet feel playback
- Possibility to insert mix table change events (tempo,
volume, instrument, etc.)
- Mix table in real-time
- Multitrack MIDI importation with quantization (formats
- Optimized fingering for the MIDI importation
- MIDI exportation of selected tracks
- Recognition of the rhythm for the ASCII importation (or
- ASCII Import & Export
- WAVE Export
- BMP Export (Bitmap Image)
Guitar Pro Various Features
- Digital Guitar Tuner
- Scales Tool
- Speed Trainer assistant (play a part of the score in a
loop increasingly faster)
- Automatic arranging of bar lengths
- Automatic fingering assistant
Guitar Pro Formats
Top features in Guitar Pro 7
- gtp, gp3, gp4, gp5 // MIDI, ASCII // WAVE // BMP //
- New interface
The interface gets more modern still, and more user-friendly. A toolbar contains the main functionalities of the software and an inspector simplifies choosing the song and tracks settings.
- Performance and ease of use
Software startup and file loading have been enhanced. Scrolling and zooming are now both smoother. The install/update process is also improved.
- High resolution
The software is compatible with high resolution screens (Retina and HD) and touch screens.
- Quality of the score's design
The score-display engine has been entirely rewritten for even more realistic, professional sheet music.
- New musical notation elements
Notation now includes golpe, pick scrape, and dead slap. The writing of bends in standard notation has been enhanced, and we have improved the management of conflicts between the various elements of the score.
- Tablature for all tracks
In addition to fretted instruments like guitars, standard notation gets automatically transposed into tablature — this on all tracks, including piano, voice or drums.
- Connect your guitar to Guitar Pro
Plug your guitar into an external sound card connected to Guitar Pro and apply to it the effects exactly as they have been modeled for any track in a given file.
- Polyphonic tuner
Simply brush down the six strings together to check their tuning in a single stroke.
- New instrument banks
Many sounds have been added, including the dobro, flamenco, manouche, and 7-string nylon guitars, the electric sitar, fretless bass, jazz double bass, accordions, mellotron, harmonicas, bagpipe, new synthesizers, and drum machines.
- Stereo sounds
You can choose between mono and stereo for all acoustic instruments, as well as add automatic spacialization to drumkits.
- Simplified audio adjustments
Choose and modify your sound from over 1000 presets combining a soundbank and an effects chain.
- Mixing MIDI/RSE
Guitar Pro 7 makes it possible, within any given single file, to mix tracks that use MIDI tones with others that use RSE tones.
- Virtual fretboard and keyboard
The virtual-instrument (guitar, bass, banjo, and piano) windows are resizable.
- Lock your files
You may lock your file to prevent any accidental modification. You may also add a password to it, to keep it from being opened or edited.
- New audio-export formats
MP3, FLAC and Ogg formats are available when exporting RSE (Realistic Sound Engine) tracks. It is also possible to export all tracks separately in a single operation.
- MIDI and MusicXML formats
Imports and exports in MIDI and MusicXML formats have been improved for better compatibility between Guitar Pro and other musical software programs.